Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The End.

After seven wonderful years, I have decided to step down as the Race Director of the Togwotee Winter Classic and will no longer organize the event.

My experience organizing the race has been nothing short of amazing and I step away with a huge smile on my face and many wonderful memories.  From the beginning, the simple goal of the Togwotee Winter Classic has always been to help grow the niche sport of fat biking.  It was a small way for me to give back to the sport I love.  The sport has certainly come a long way since eight adventurous racers (seven Surly Pugsleys, and one over-matched Surly Karate Monkey 29er) took the start line on Jan 19th, 2008.

Thank you.

I want to thank each and every participant who has ever attended a Togwotee Winter Classic.

I want to thank Togwotee Mountain Lodge for welcoming our merry band of fat bikers each year and for their generous support of our event.

I want to thank the many sponsors who donated prizes each year and supported my vision.

Lastly, I want to thank my wife Michelle for her unconditional support.

Thank you for sharing my stoke for Fat Bikes!

2 comments:

Scott Fitz said...

YOU ARE THE MAN Dave Byers! I'm sad to see the end of an era but am basking in the glory of all the memories you helped create. Thank You.

Ridge Rider said...

Bummer, I never got to make one. I had hoped this was the year. Thanks for what you did for the sport. Pedal POWder!